Posts

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Day two of Steph & Del’s crazy diet plan…


DAY 2: REPORT...
Day two of our crazy diet plan – a plan to follow the food plate for seven straight days.  The plan was inspired after finding that after seven straight days of working out and getting enough sleep left us feeling 

AMAZING...
We were up at 4:45am and on an elliptical at Planet Fitness for a cardio workout by 5:15am.  Boom.
Whilst increasing our cardiovascular endurance we discussed two things: 1) what we are going to eat for the day and 2) how we were feeling about the crazy workout plan.

THE MENU…

Breakfast (same as yesterday)
¾ c granola
1 c milk
1 c OJ

Lunch
1 c veggies
Leftover salmon or (3/4 c
Leftover couscous or bread (2 slices)

Dinner (we are having two people over for dinner)
Whole grain pizza (2 slices each)
Chicken (as a pizza topping)
Cream cheese & Cheese (on the pizza)
Salad as a side

HOW WE ARE FEELING…

The biggest change Del noticed was “long-lasting energy.”  He noticed that he was somewhat hungry yesterday, but that he felt like he has more sustained energy throughout the day. 

I too just felt better in general.  I am not sure if I feel better because I ate well – or if I feel better because I am eating well.  In other terms, I don’t know if I am feeling better because of improved eating habits.  Or if I am feeling better because I like knowing I am eating in a healthier way.  Whether it is the food or all in my brain – I like it.

PUBLIC FOOD DENIAL…

Today at work my co-worker had a “Birthday brunch” to celebrate January birthdays for the office.  Yesterday at work, Del had a coffee tasting with cookies available to munch on.  Because we are doing this crazy diet plan, we had to practice some self-denial and turn down treats that we otherwise would have indulged in.  Instead of opting for “pineapple stuffing” (which I guess is a thing now), I opted for my 1 cup of fruit.  Instead of going for a whole cookie, Del had a smaller serving of the cookie.  Oh, that sacrifices we make.

WE SHALL SEE…

We are having a couple over for dinner tonight.  They may or may not know we are doing this crazy diet plan.  However, whether they know it or not – they will be partaking in the food pyramid.  I am going to have extra food (and dessert) for them.  Yet I am curious to see how this will go once you throw in making dinner for two other people. 

IN SUM…

We are feeling good – in spite of having to turn down cookie and pineapple stuffing.  Now let’s see how it goes once we add deux….

No comments:

Post a Comment